Reference Guide to Regulatory Compliance
The Reference Guide to Regulatory Compliance (23nd Edition) is an ideal resource for compliance managers, department managers and staff, product managers and retail branch banking managers. It is a recommended study resource for individuals preparing for the Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager Exam (CRCM). Click here to order online click here to download a PDF order form.
Revisions in this Edition include those regarding:
- CFPB's new mortgage-related regulations:
- Ability-to-Repay and QM
- New appraisal rules and requirements
- Loan originator compensation
- TILA updates, including the ability-to-repay rules for credit cards
- RESPA updates, including servicing rules
- Biggert-Waters changes to Flood Insurance regulations
- HMDA and ECOA
- Final Regulation E remittance rules
Developed as an extended outline, the Guide covers federal regulations, consumer legislation and all the rules you need to know to manage bank compliance in the following areas: Compliance Risk Management, Credit, Deposits, Bank Operations, Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering, Community Reinvestment Act/Home Mortgage Disclosure Act, Privacy, Securities, Insurance, and other Financial Services.
The Reference Guide to Regulatory Compliance supports the ABA Online Review Course for the CRCM Examination and is a recommended study resource for the Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) exam. For those pursuing the CRCM designation, the Guide includes self-study and review questions and answers, and a cross-reference of book section titles to CRCM exam topics, and carries 30 hours of pre-certification credits toward that designation.
Author: Kathlyn Farrell, CRCM and Attorney
Both formats are $325 Member/$465 Non-member plus $9 shipping/handling
Click here to order online.
- 3-hole punched, paper version (no binder), ©2013
- eBook Version ©2013
For the eBook version: once you place your order, you will receive an email within 24 hours with access instructions. To download and view, you will need to register your copy and download Adobe Digital Editions software.
(View supported eBook devices here)
New Compliance Training for Bank Boards
PDF Order Form or Online ordering
Compliance Training for Bank Boards is designed specifically for compliance officers to deliver an effective bank director training program. The easy-to-deliver program provides the materials you need to train your Board before the bank’s next regulatory exam and make sure your training program meets examination requirements.
With this Training, you will be able to:
• Educate your Board on their roll in providing adequate oversight;
• Summarize and cover key components of regulations in 30 minute sessions;
• Train and brief the Board before the next regulatory exam;
• Educate the Board on new and revised rules that affect bank operations; and
• Ensure your director’s timing meets examination requirements.
• Effective Compliance Program Management introduces the principles of compliance risk management and the Director’s responsibility in providing oversight to effectively manage the bank’s compliance program.
• BSA/AML Training for the Board of Directors introduces the Board to BSA/AML responsibilities assigned to them, as documented in the FFIEC Exam Manual.
• Insiders and Reg O explains the basics of Regulation O and its restrictions and limitations. The training session also focuses on reporting and recordkeeping requirement expectations.
• Preparing for the Exam – What You Need to Know – A Director’s Perspective enables Compliance Officers to train Directors on their responsibilities to support the bank in meeting examination requirements.
Audience: Compliance Officers who want to develop an effective bank director training program and Bank personnel responsible for executive and Board member training,
Each training session includes: a Board-ready PowerPoint presentation, a Leader’s Guide in PDF format that steps you through each 30 minute training session, and Handouts, 1-2 page summaries of the Director’s responsibilities on the topic, in MS Word. All materials can and should be customized for your bank.
The program also includes a self-paced course for the Compliance Officer with guidelines and instructions to effectively prepare to deliver the board training sessions. This includes suggestions for building credibility and partnering with the Board in order to gain compliance support for business initiatives.
$395 IBA Member
PDF Order Form or Online ordering
Quick Reference Guide to Banking Regulations
New Tenth Edition
ABA's Quick Reference Guide to Banking Regulations (10th Edition) offers you a clear path to compliance, with one-page, jargon-free briefings on major banking laws and regulations. Whether you're a banker, bank director, attorney or consultant, the Guide will be your accurate, plain-English resource on more than 30 laws and regs—from AA to Z.
This guide covers all the legal and regulatory changes through August 2012, including the elimination of Regulation AA and a comprehensive overview of the new UDAAP. The new Guide addresses the new "abusive" standard under the CFPB's Title X. It provides overviews of each major banking law and regulation and includes a glossary of relevant compliance terms.
The Guide includes:
- Outlines of each law's history, goals and requirements.
- A cross-referenced table of contents so you can locate information by regulation or statute.
View the Table of Contents.Tenth Edition © 2012 – Softbound, 65 pages
$99 List Price/Nonmembers
$69 IBA Member Discount
PDF Order Form
Courses on the Internet are available in two formats: instructor-led and self-paced.
Online Courses (Instructor Led)
The instructor-led Online courses may be five to 16 weeks long, depending on the title. Instructor-led courses start and end on specified dates. Students may get on the Internet at any time during the day or night to complete assignments and assignments are usually due weekly. Textbooks are sent to students prior to the beginning of class, and an email with login and password is sent the Friday before the class starts. Assignments and examinations are completed on the Internet.
Self-paced classes are from two to eight hours long, and students can begin at any time of the day. All course work is on the Internet, and no textbook is needed. A student can finish a course in one sitting or several. Instructors are available for questions and guidance. Assignments and examinations are completed on the Internet.
AIB offers a number of diplomas and certificates that can be earned by taking a prescribed set of AIB courses. Courses can be taken through any of the AIB delivery methods including open enrollment, online, self-study or in-bank.