Service Provider Opportunities
What Can We Do for You?
A Guide to the Indiana Bankers Association for the Vendor Community
The Indiana Bankers Association (IBA) is the largest and most comprehensive trade association of financial institutions in Indiana. Founded in 1897, its mission is to advocate for and sustain an environment in which banks can succeed. One responsibility within that mission is keeping IBA members informed of products and services that can support their success; the IBA frequently helps match the needs of the Indiana banking community with the products and services industry service providers.
The IBA has a unique position in the marketplace, with name recognition and trust earned through years of dedicated service. IBA offers numerous marketing and communication vehicles that present superior opportunities for service providers to increase product awareness and market share.
Submit this form for more information or contact Rod Lasley at 317-387-9380
These vendor opportunities include:
For companies that do business with Indiana banks, associate membership is a natural. Associate members enjoy many of the same benefits afforded IBA financial institution members, including:
- Complimentary subscription to the monthly Hoosier Banker magazine, the only trade journal tailored for Indiana bankers, and to IBA E-News, IBA's weekly electronic newsletter.
- A listing in the annual Indiana Financial Institutions Directory.
- Advertising Opportunities in Hoosier Banker magazine, IBA E-News and the Indiana Financial Institutions Directory. These advertising privileges are reserved solely for IBA members and associate members.
- IBA website presence at www.indianabankers.org, with hyper links to associae members' sites and contact information.
- Access to educational opportunities at the IBA-member rates.
- IBA products and services, including advertising in event program booklets, at IBA-member rates.
- IBA committee membership opportunities, an avenue for networking with IBA-member banks.
- Connections with IBA social media: IBA Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
IBA Associate Membership is an outstanding value of only $1,000 per year. Submit your Associate Member Application today!
The IBA hosts several trade shows annually:
- The IBA Mega Conference is a comprehensive educational event with more than 40 sessions and attendance by approximately 1,000 bankers. The conference is held each spring at the Indiana Convention Center in downtown Indianapolis.
- The IBA Annual Convention held each fall, is attended primarily by CEOs and directors. With a somewhat greater social component, this event is generally held at a resort locale.
- A variety of topic-specific conferences - focusing on banking functions such as IT Security, Physical Security and Agricultural lending - serve the in-depth educational needs of IBA members.
Each of these events gives service providers the opportunity to display products and services to top decision-makers in Indiana banks. IBA associate members are given priority access to these in-demand venues.
The IBA offers several print vehicles for your marketing message:
- Hoosier Banker magazine is the flagship publication of the Association. Published monthly, Hoosier Banker is distributed to nearly 5,000 subscribers, with pass-along readership exceeding 11,000. The magazine also is available in digital format, attracting approximately 700 online readers each month.
- The Mega Conference and Annual Convention program booklets are ideal for reaching decision-makers in attendance at IBA's largest educational events.
- The Indiana Financial Institutions Directory contains a geographical listing of all Indiana banks, thrifts, and credit unions. A key feature is the "Yellow Pages" where associate members are listed and have the exclusive right to place advertising.
The IBA welcomes sponsors to help underwrite Association activities such as golf outings, refreshment breaks, apps, receptions, banquets and entertainment. Sponsorships accommodate a wide range of budgets. Sponsors are recognized through various means, identifying them as leading providers to the Indiana banking industry.
Target Mail Services
The IBA maintains an extensive database that can be segmented by functional title, geographic location and asset size of institution. Preferred Service Providers, Diamond Members and marketing package participants may make use of these segments to deliver pertinent messages directly to target market audiences.
Any of the foregoing tools can be grouped together to form an IBA Marketing Package, providing participants with an edge on competition with an outstanding return on marketing dollar. The IBA can create a package to fit almost any marketing budget.
- Introductory targeted mail campaign
- Follow-up targeted mail campaign
- Four full-page advertisements in Hoosier Banker
- Trade show exhibit at the Mega Conference
- Full-page directory ad
If priced individually, these items represent a $6,000 value. As a Marketing Package, the price is extra-valued to $5,400, for a savings of 10 percent.
Depending on scope of needs, the IBA can custom build packages designed to increase awareness and market share for associate members' products and services.
Diamond Associate Member Status
Diamond Associate Member status is reserved for those associate members that provide the highest level of support to the IBA through advertising, sponsorships, event participation, and other key areas.
Diamond Associate Members receive a commemorative award, and are recognized throughout the year in several ways:
- Name badge ribbons at major association events
- Designation as a Diamond Associate Member in the:
- Hoosier Banker magazine
- IBA website
- Mega Conference Trade Show Guide
- Annual Convention Program Booklet
- Indiana Financial Institutions Directory
- A Diamond Associate Member logo for use on business cards, brochures, and other marketing materials.
The designation allows for more than one Diamond Member per product or service category.
Preferred Service Providers
Current Preferred Service Providers
One responsibility of the IBA is to develop and maintain products and services that will benefit the membership. In discharging this responsibility, it may be desirable to enter into a Preferred Service Provider (PSP) relationship. A PSP relationship is based on the following:
- A thorough due diligence review;
- Value-added benefits available only to IBA members;
- Sufficient investment in IBA marketing services to achieve sales success;
- Additional compensation for the investment of Association time and resources, and for reputational risk.
A Preferred Service Provider enjoys limited exclusivity. Only one firm will be granted PSP status for any given product or service category. However, the IBA does reserve the right to continue to offer membership and other marketing services to competing firms.
A PSP will enjoy the following additional benefits:
- A profile article in Hoosier Banker;
- Preferred location at IBA trade shows;
- Inclusion in a special PSP page on the IBA web site;
- Inclusion in a special PSP brochure distributed to IBA membership ;
- Display of marketing materials in the IBA Center for Professional Development
- Right of first refusal for certain sponsorships and special events
- The opportunity for referrals from the IBA Member Services Representative
A PSP relationship is designed to provide outstanding marketing support. However, it does not provide sales support. The IBA does not have the personnel or organizational capacity to undertake sales responsibility. The ability of a PSP to provide sales support for the state of Indiana is critical to the success of the relationship.